Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Man's Best Friend

Today we watched "Marley & Me" (I know - we are seriously behind on current DVD's). It was a little more emotional than I expected.

I was reminded that dogs don't care how much money you make, where they live, etc., all they want is to love you.

I am not sure how much of the end of the movie I saw between the tears and reminder of a time almost 2 years ago. We had to put our 11 year old lab/shar pei down because of a sudden illness the day after Thanksgiving. I remembered saying goodbye and watching Avery take her last breath with a beautiful sigh that said "thank you".

Job well done Girl....

I was also reminded that life moves on and that Hunter has filled a huge void since Avery's passing and he certainly keeps us on our toes!!! Below is a picture of him refusing to get off my bed so I could put clean sheets on it. The mattress cover is what is over him....he simply would NOT move!!! He makes me giggle on a daily basis!!

When I think of dogs, I always think of my sister. She is such a huge dog (and Dawg) lover!! While I was searching for the picture of Avery and I, I saw this picture with my sister and Abby and her two daughters. Both Lindsey and Abby are now playing with Avery and I know she misses them both so much!!

Hug your four-legged friend today and remind him/her how much they mean to you!!

3 comments:

lseabolt said...

You know I love this post! And you're right, I miss those little pups of mine. I wonder often how little Alice is doing. Love our 4-legged friends!

Sally said...

Alice...that is her name, I couldn't remember it for the life of me.

I hope I didn't make you cry!!!

lseabolt said...

Of course I cried. I'm a dog lover, remember??? It wasn't a sad cry--just a "I loved those girls" cry. :)