Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I don't like the odds

On Monday evening, Davis goes to PREP (religious education) and I teach a 5th grade class.

Fortunately my co-teacher is willing to do the carpool line so Davis and I can leave. One of my students is a cub scout and attends his meeting after class. We always take him upstairs and I make sure there is an official hand off. Last night, he needed to go to our new Family Life Center across the parking lot.

On our walk back, I put my hand down and Davis grabbed it without thought. I asked him if he was ever embarrassed of being with me.

He said "no". (insert a very happy mommy).

I then said ,"do you think you will be someday?"

He said "Probably"

Damn......

3 comments:

lseabolt said...

Sweet Davis! That's the guy we know and love. :)

Bev said...

That is priceless, Sally!

JMarques100 said...

How sweet! You know that day will come someday, so enjoy the moment. They go by so fast.