Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Mama Bear

I always have so many things I want to write about and somehow my crazy life seems to get in the way!!

We have been busy this Spring with softball, work, a little motocross, work, holidays, work and more work.  I am not complaining as I feel so grateful to have a job again, but I have been so crazy busy trying to get everything in the order I like.  I was also lucky enough to get a little side job with the last company I contracted with....but it was over Easter weekend.  This HOA president thing has been getting in the way as well....it seems like that might be calming down a bit now.

As the school year winds down, it seems like our calendars fill up with events for the kids...field day, award ceremonies, year-end parties, etc.  I am lucky to work at a place that is flexible and I will be able to attend most of the kid's events.

Tonight Hannah is going to her 8th grade formal.  I can't believe she is going to High School in the fall.  In true teenage fashion, this dance has come with its share of drama.  However, this drama made this Mama Bear's very unhappy.  Hannah had borrowed a dress from a friend of hers and all we needed to do was get some shoes.  On Monday on our way to church school (Hannah volunteers for Matt's class) she was very upset but didn't want to talk about it.  She finally opened up and said that the "friend" she is going to the dance with told her that the dress she was going to wear (that she borrowed) was UGLY.  I wanted to go and strangle this girl.  For the record, the dress is really pretty and I thought it was great that Hannah was willing to save us some money, especially after 2 years of being unemployed.

In true Hannah fashion....she was still willing to wear the dress.  I took her to the store last night to get her shoes....however, I decided to buy her a new dress as well. 

She would have looked beautiful in the borrowed dress, but I know she will FEEL beautiful in this one. 

We have had lots of conversations about what a true friend is and Pete and I are trying hard to build her confidence so she doesn't allow herself to be treated like that.  Please say a little prayer for my Bear that she has fun tonight and feels as beautiful as she is.  I will post pictures when I can!!

2 comments:

lseabolt said...

Does this friend know that Hannah has two Mama Bears???? I know I don't live close, but I can take care of that "friend". Just give me the word. haha Can't wait to see pictures of Hannah!

Sally said...

Thank you Lisa....I was afraid I was overreacting!