Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Seder Meal

Davis and I went to the Seder Meal at our church on Friday night. We went because he is making his first communion in May and it is a wonderful ritual paralleling communion we celebrate every week.

He was none too pleased to be dragged from his friends on a very nice night, but off we went.

It is a very festive celebration and the children are encouraged to participate.

The dessert Matzoh (bread) goes missing and the children are rewarded with money for some leftover bread. Monsignor Pat handed a 2 dollar bill to each child. I didn’t know about this tradition, so it was a surprise for both of us.

Davis was almost giddy by the time we left….maybe the 5 glasses of grape juice had something to do with it.

He grabbed my hand on the way out and said “Well, I learned something new tonight”.

I got so excited and asked him what he learned and he said…

“Father Pat is rich”.

I guess we have a ways to go on the training!!!

2 comments:

lseabolt said...

Love it!!!

Bev said...

That is just too funny, I'm anxious to meet this young man!