Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Blue Blanket

Matt needed a baby picture for school today as they are studying how things grow.

Being that Matt was born in the digital era, I had to search through the pictures on the computer for something that would be a good representation of his size.

I decided on the following picture, he was in a wagon that had cookies in it and was about 2 months old.

I was surprised to see how much he still looks like this.

I was also surprised to see his head laying on his "blue blanket".  Anyone that knows Matt knows about his "blue blanket".  I made him this blanket before he was born....nothing special about it....but to Matt it is his BLUE BLANKET.  It has baby things on it....it has a gummy spot on it....a hole that he cut in it.  He pretty much always knows exactly where it is.  He knows he can't take it to school and sometimes he hugs it before he leaves in the morning....he finds it right when he gets home and holds it while doing his homework.  He has been known to wear it on his head like a hat.  Sometimes he puts it in the freezer (still haven't figured out that one). 

I have tried to get him a different blanket....even took him to the store and let him pick the fabric.  I cut it exactly the same size as the blue blanket and didn't embroider anything on it (because it is scratchy).  But nothing has replaced that blue blanket.

I know the day will come when that blue blanket will be left behind....but I am okay that he has something that makes him feel safe and happy.  When he is done with the Blue Blanket, I will stow it away and keep it safe until he needs it again.  I think everyone should have their own Blue Blanket.

No comments: