Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween 2010

We had a nice Halloween this year....it sure changes as the kids get older and Mom doesn't have as much input in the costumes. 

We were invited again this year to my parent's the weekend before Halloween for their annual Halloween get together.  It is a great opportunity to get to see my nieces and nephews in their costumes (my sister lives a little over a hour away from us).  It was a beautiful day and their was much time spent jumping rope.
Then the kids got dressed up and went "trick-or-treating" at Grandma and Papa's house.  They give the kids a bucket filled with lots of treats and jammies for each kid (except the big kids - they get $). 
Trick or Treat
Treat it is!!!

Davis just wants out!!
Matt?

Sweet Minnie Mouse Lilah
 
Batman (Landon) and Spider Man (Noah)
 Halloween was a little bit of a disappointment for me.  Hannah went to a friend's house because "no one was trick-or-treating in our neighborhood"....she wouldn't even let me help her with her costume. 

Davis decided he wasn't going to wear the costume I got for him...instead he wore his dirtbike gear.  I made chicken noodle soup that no one but me ate.  Pete and Davis ate across the street at the neighbor's.  The only one that hung with me was my Matty - he ate cereal.  So he is the only one I have a picture of.  Because the time had not changed yet, we ended up leaving before dark.  It was not my choice to leave so early, but I was outvoted!!!  The boys seemed to have a great time and got TONS of candy.  We did not get many trick-or-treater's at our house as we are in the very back of the neighborhood.


Aye Aye Matty!!
Maybe next year will be different....it will be my turn to stay at home, drink wine and give out candy!!

No comments: