Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Joy Comes in the Morning

Although we physically lost our Jake on January 27th, today is the day I remember most from 11 years ago.  I remember the meeting I was in when I checked my voicemail and heard the doctor's voice.  I remember walking into the doctor's office and thinking "what do I say I am here for" (I didn't call the doctor back, I had Pete meet me there because I didn't want to hear the news over the phone).  I could recite almost every word that was said while we heard the worst news.  I remember driving to my parents' house and walking in the familiar back door and just shaking my head when they came around the corner.  I remember the hug from my dad that made me feel loved.

But what I remember the most was God's voice.  He guided us through and He carried me when I couldn't go on my own.  He kept His promise that He would not forsake me.

He healed my heart with the birth of Davis.

He made my heart whole with the surprise of Matthew (I found out I was pregnant with Matt at the same gestational age that we lost Jake).

The Joy does indeed come in the Morning and today that is what I am going to CELEBRATE.

No comments: