Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1.11.11

Eleven years ago today we received some news that started our lives into a tailspin.

Today, we received news that will hopefully stop the spinning and have us moving in a straight line.

I got a J*O*B.

On the 17th, I will start working as a Controller for a small real estate company.  The opportunity really culminates all of my experience into one job.  It has taken awhile to get everything final...I interviewed on December 2nd at a lunch interview where my new bosses actually came out to where I was contracting so I didn't have to drive far and they treated me to a wonderful lunch.  The holidays slowed things down and the snow didn't help with the offer letter that I finally received today.

I have been unemployed for 2 years and 2 months (but lucky to have a few contract jobs that paid the bills).

We have a long road ahead of us to get back to some sense of financial security, but at least we are starting down that road.

Thank you isn't enough to thank all of those that have helped in so many ways during a time that was hard....it sucked a whole lot less because of all of you!!!  I don't want to ever forget what I have learned and I am looking forward to this new chapter!!

1 comment:

lseabolt said...

I'm glad my birthday isn't such a bad day for you anymore. :) So happy about the J.O.B. I'm proud of your attitude and how you've handled the last couple of years. Love you!