Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Treasure

Yesterday we had the privilege of visiting with my cousin Todd and his family from Denver while they were staying at my parents' house. 

I rushed home from work and picked up the boys to take them over to my mom's.  We ate at McDonald's and I hurried them along because I could hardly wait to see them.

As we drove out of the parking lot on our way, I was just giddy.  Matt asked me why I was so excited.

I told him that my cousin Todd is one of my favorite people in the world and I love to spend time with him.

He said in his sweet 6 year old voice... "Oh, is he your treasure? That is something you love, like my blue blanket is my treasure."

Todd is indeed one of my "treasures" and we had a wonderful time last night!!!  His two little girls are the cutest things ever!!!  I also got to spend some time with my other "treasures" because my sister and brother were there with their families too!!

To my Matty....you continue to amaze me with your insight and emotional intelligence.  I hope you always feel the love of your treasures and know that you are one of my greatest treasures!!

1 comment:

lseabolt said...

If this was facebook, I would click on the "love" button. Sweet Matt! And I think he got it right--Todd is a treasure for all of us. I was actually sad driving home last night b/c I loved seeing our kids play with Savannah and I loved seeing Todd. He just makes me smile. Their visit made me wish we were closer to our extended family. I'm so thankful for the internet and our ability to stay in touch with them. Just missing everyone, I suppose. We have a great family.