Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

Seriously

**Update - Davis did race last night and did great!!! He is quite bruised but is walking pretty well with it now. The MX boot did help last night.....I guess I was right after all!!!**

Okay, I do not want to be one of those parents that know the ER staff by name....but I am afraid with my two boys that just might happen.

Today Davis was bit by the neighbor's dog and he has some puncture wounds on his calf and he is very sore. Our neighbor had invited him in her yard to look at a nest of baby bunnies. I guess their dog felt like they were his and didn't like Davis going to look at them.....so he went after him. My neighbor was right there and quickly put an end to the attack. This is an 11 year old dog that has never done this before. I think my neighbor is concerned because she has 4 small grandchildren that are over there all the time. They have been wonderful, we are very lucky to have such great neighbors ( I believe Davis will be getting a little present from them tomorrow).

Davis is okay, we decided not to take him to the ER because the cuts don't appear deep. It also causes him anxiety and it doesn't seem worth it. My biggest concern is that he isn't able to put any weight on that leg. We went to the store and stocked up on medical supplies and Advil.....but if he can't put any weight on it tomorrow we will head to the doctor.

I think we may need to up our medical spending account!!!! I am thankful though that we have avoided any serious injuries (can you hear the wood knocking?).

We are hoping he will be up for racing tomorrow....I told him that his boot will keep his leg from moving but I am not sure he believes me!!!

No comments: