Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Game Ball

**Disclaimer - I have looked at this situation as objectively as possible and I really think my view is justified**

On Saturday, Hannah played her second to last softball game of the season. This is Hannah's 2nd season of softball (although it was 2 years ago and with a different team).

She is not a star player.

But she goes out there and gives it her best every game.

This Saturday was VERY different.

  • She caught a fly ball in the outfield (in which she jumped up and down after she caught it and almost dropped it).

  • She had two other great stops in the outfield.

  • She got on base both times up to bat (on walks).

The star players didn't have such a great game. In fact, several had a REALLY bad day!!


At the end of the game (at least at a Home game), the coach hands out the game ball to a player that had a great game.


I guess the coach wasn't pleased with their performance (they lost) and made the decision to not give a game ball.


Hannah wasn't the only player that made some great, unexpected plays. However, these players aren't the "stars".


I guess they don't realize how much a game ball would give hope to some of these new players that they too could be stars as well.


So Hannah....Here's your well deserved GAME BALL from Mommy

(How cool is this picture that I found when I searched for "softball" on the Internet)

1 comment:

lseabolt said...

Good thing I wasn't there. I might have said something to the coach. ha ha

Hannah will forever be my girl, and we're proud of her--game ball or no game ball!