Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The brighter side

I can't believe it has been so long since I updated last. You would think that I would have more time on my hands, but the days seem to fly by.

I am going to give a quick update as I am mentally drained and my heart is hurting.

  • Hannah finished her fall softball season undefeated. She has grown so much this season and she really enjoyed it. This past weekend was the end of the season tournament....which they WON the whole thing....stayed in the winner's bracket the entire time. Hannah received the game ball for the second to last game, but really played hard every game!!

  • I have a contract job starting on Monday. It is really short term (1-3 weeks) and doesn't have much flexibility. I am hoping it opens some permanent opportunities!! Next week it will be one year since I was laid off.

  • I have been trying to prepare for the craft show on the 7th and am not making as much progress as I had hoped. My machine whacked out on me and I ended up having to take it to the shop. I still don't think it is sewing quite right, but I will nurse it through next weekend and then take it back to the shop (the guarantee their work for 90 days). I am a little nervous about the show...just don't know what people will think of my stuff!!

  • We are gearing up for Halloween on Saturday. Hannah is planning on going to her friend's to trick-or-treat.....I guess she is growing up and we have to let her fly!! It is Pete's turn to take the boys out, so I get to stay home and drink some wine!!

  • I have been volunteering at Hannah's school in the library (shelving books) and the lunchroom (selling ice cream). I am glad I am already done with school and I feel for those teachers!!!

I am sure there is more that I am forgetting. I am going to try to update more often because it is therapeutic for me. I am starting to see the light, hopefully it just continues to get brighter.

No comments: