Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

"Going Out", Letting Go and Enjoying

I am sitting here on a rainy Halloween night waiting for my boys to come back from trick-or-treating. My Pirate and Commando are out filling those bags and enjoying themselves. Hopefully they caught up with their friends. The wagon is filled with juice boxes and beer...wonder if they will ever return?

Hannah is over at her friend's house trick-or-treating this year...kind of tough for this Mommy. I know I have to let her go, but damn it is hard!!! I gave my instructions (no taffy or sugar gum - we are paying too much for those braces to break them for a little candy) and sent her on her way. She is missed so much and hopefully her friend's mom will get pictures so I can post later!!

We did have a wonderful family lunch today that was quite entertaining. We found out that Hannah has a new boyfriend. She is "going out" with Ben, who plays football. How long has this been going on? Since last night when Hannah's friend sent Ben a text to ask if "he wanted to go out with Hannah" and he said YES!! Davis asked her if he was fat....her answer....

"I don't know, I haven't seen him in like a year"

He moved and goes to another school. Pete joked with her and said maybe we can have him over for dinner for ALL of us to meet him!!!!

Happy Halloween...enjoy what you have!!!

1 comment:

JMarques100 said...

Hearing about Hannah's boyfriend made me laugh. I remember middle school "boyfriends". For my girls that meant you sat with them at lunch and IF you happened to ride the same bus, you sat with them. Seems like the boyfriends never lasted very long which isn't a bad thing.