Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Anniversary

Eight years ago today I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer.  It was found during an operation to remove swollen lymph nodes with a “possible thyroid removal”.

My family spent an agonizing 2 hours waiting to hear if there was cancer and another 5 for me to get out of surgery.

I simply went to sleep with cancer and awoke without (sorta).

My heartfelt gratitude for Dr. Keith Jackson for doing everything you could to make sure this mom could birth another baby and watch them grow up.

To my family…..words are not enough to say thank you for wrapping your arms around me and keeping them there!!

To cancer…..you can still kiss my ass!!!!

2 comments:

Bev said...

Congratulations, Sally, you've been such a trooper through this whole cancer episode. We're so happy for you and proud of our special God-daughter. We pray this year will bring good things to your household, you certainly deserve it. We love you!

lseabolt said...

Our arms are always wrapped around you and will remain that way forever.

xoxo,
Lisa