Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Honeysuckle

This is my favorite time of the year because the honeysuckle is in full bloom.  It grows wild in my back yard and I can step out on my deck and be greeted with the sweet smell.  It is the closest thing to my love of those sweet lilac bushes I remember from my yard in Colorado (we do not have lilac bushes here in Georgia).

The end of the drought has done wonderful things to all the vegetation.  A rose bush that I thought was long gone is blooming like crazy and is surrounded by honeysuckle.

087 

Davis spent some time this evening getting the drop of sweet nectar from the honeysuckle.

093 094 098

I tried to get a picture of the drop that comes out but I just couldn’t get it.  It is a small drop of pure sweetness.

1 comment:

lseabolt said...

Love the smell of honeysuckle! You're wrong about lilac not being here, though. We have some somewhere around here that literally takes over the air when you pass by. It's amazing. It grows wild like the honeysuckle. We used to have some on our way to our house in S. Carolina, and I lived for when they were in bloom. Love the post.