Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Busy

What a week...is it really only Thursday? I need to get pictures downloaded from the camera, complete Matt's montage of his first race, continue planning Hannah's slumber party and meet some serious deadlines at work.

What we did this week...so far!!
  • 1st day of school - took pictures, accidentally erased them on the way to the bus. Everyone did well and enjoyed their 1st day (I will post pictures soon *I hope*).
  • 2nd day of school - not as good as the first, but everyone went without any problems.
  • 3rd day of school - Hannah did great, Dave said school was "stupid" and Matt grabbed my leg in a death grip as I tried to leave him.
  • 4th day of school - Hannah did great again, Dave wouldn't get dressed unless I agreed to take him to his friend's bus stop (but of course I had to drop Hannah off at our usual stop), and Matt pitched a fit that his shorts were too big and he simply couldn't wear them (we changed them at school to his "spare" shorts - in the boy's bathroom where I had to sit on the floor to put his shoes back on *gross*).
  • The downstairs A/C wasn't cooling starting on Sunday - we could see it was frozen up. We defrosted overnight, it worked for a little bit on Monday and froze again. Kept it off all day on Tuesday to defrost again, worked okay that night. By the morning on Wednesday it wasn't working again. Serviceman came out, found that a coil was completely clogged with PET HAIR!! We haven't had a pet since November, so I am guessing the thing hasn't been working well all summer!! Well worth the $170 for cool air!!
  • The dumpster company finally came and picked up the roofing dumpster, so now I can take a picture of the finished roof (but I haven't done it yet). We really love the roof.
  • Our neighborhood roads are being resurfaced this week so all the streets are torn up....there are new roofs going on everywhere-it just feels BUSY in the neighborhood.
  • I talked Hannah into having her birthday party after school started and I needed to make good on that promise. I booked a hotel suite and have been searching for games/activities for the girls to do while we are there. We will be giving the girls a "travel bag" filled with travel stuff and because I hate to make things easy for myself, I will be embroidering the girl's initials on a washcloth that will go in the bag. The invites are cute though -"What happens at my party.....Stays at my party".

Pete has been enjoying his new free time and is getting some things done around the house (although he did take Monday as a "holiday"). I don't want to say much, but he has applied for a part-time job close to the house. Please pray that things work with our needs as it will certainly help with all of the extra stuff we need to pay for the kids.

Hopefully I will get the camera unloaded and finish Matt's montage in the next day or so.

2 comments:

JMarques100 said...

Wow! What a busy week so far. I remember how action packed those days can be when your kids are younger. Enjoy them while they last, it's AMAZING how fast they go by and one day they'll all be teenagers :-)

Hepplers said...

Yes, and I thought I was busy with a little one...not even close to you guys! Geeshh! I LOVE the birthday idea - Hannah is lucky to have you spend the time and energy to make it special and super fun. I can't wait for Savannah's birthday parties - sure hope I have the same level of energy and creativity.