Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Morning Prayer

Dear God,

I hope I have thanked you enough in the last 7 years for letting us have Davis....he really did save me.

What I need now is some (okay A LOT) of patience to deal with the horns my Angel Boy has grown.

I know he doesn't mean it when he said he wanted me to die so that he could make his own rules.

I know he is grateful (somewhere deep inside) for the money and time we spend on motocross for him.

I know he wants to do what we tell him to do, when we tell him to.

I know he can do his homework without complaints!!

Please help me to remember that this most likely just a phase that he will grow out of.

Can you help me to remember to buy shorts that button (not elastic) and shirts that don't "bother" his neck?

I know these issues are really small in the whole scheme of things and I am really thankful for the continued good health of all my kids. It is just that right now I am struggling and I would really appreciate your help and guidance.

Thank you...I love you!

Amen

2 comments:

lseabolt said...

It is a phase. Just repeat "I love Davis. I love Davis!" over and over, and maybe patience will come. Okay, probably not, but I try to do it with my kids to make myself feel better. :) Do I need to send my parenting thugs over there to take care of him? You'll get through it, I promise!

Sally said...

Lisa,
I am considering your closet method!!!