Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Heavy but not Fat

The thought of getting in front of someone else and reciting something that I am pretty sure I don't know by heart is terrifying. But for the group of 4th graders I "listened" to last night, there was NO fear!!! Each grade level has a specific prayer they are supposed to learn and the child will earn a certificate for remembering the entire prayer (seriously that would not be enough incentive for me). This isn't bad when you are talking about the Hail Mary, Our Father or the sign of the cross (and surprisingly the Act of Contrition). The fourth graders are required to learn the Apostle's Creed which is very similar to the Nicene Creed that is actually said during mass. Boy was I glad that I had a cheat sheet in front of me because there is no way I would have been able to get it all right!!!! None of the kids were able to recite the Apostle's Creed, but every kid came out and tried a prayer. There didn't seem to be any nerves or anything......I think I was more nervous!!!

On the way home, I had a very interesting conversation with Hannah and Davis. We got to talking about the importance of not making fun of people because it can really hurt them and they may have troubles forever because of it. We were specifically discussing weight and how people know if they are heavy or skinny. I said " I know I am heavy, but the only person that can change that is me and it would be very hurtful if someone teased me about it".

Davis said "You are heavy but not fat....lots of moms have way bigger butts than you".

Always looking on the bright side Little Man.....you sure made this Momma's day much better!!!

No comments: