Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Update

Everything has been relatively calm in the Yost house. We are enjoying having Hunter with us and I think he is enjoying it with us. He loves to wake the kids up in the morning and then go with me to take the kids to the bus. I took him last night to pick Hannah up from the boy's baseball practice and he got worked up about an old Mustang that was next to us at a light.....or maybe it was the creepy guy driving it!!!

There was a great deal of time spent this weekend trying to change out some bearings in the swing arm axle on Davis' dirt bike (no - I don't really know what I am talking about, but it sounds like I do huh?). The bolt had to be cut just to remove it from the bike, then the "sleeve" was damaged and had to be replaced. Pete and his BFF worked for several hours on Friday to try to get the bearings out without any success. After Matt's game on Saturday, we took the sleeve to the KTM shop for them to get the bearings out. It took them over an hour. I took Davis to his baseball game so Pete could get the bike put back together. This all worked out well because I was concerned about leaving Hunter home that long by himself (it also saved me money because I didn't have to keep shelling out $ for the concession stand for Hannah)!!!

We went to the races Saturday night and had a good time. Matt rode like a madman and got 1st place in the little PW class (ok - he was the only rider but he was flying). Davis.....not so great. He just wasn't on his game. I know Pete was frustrated because he had spent so much time on the bike and Davis was somewhat distracted (maybe it was the knowledge of the new 65cc Pete bought him on Friday that had his mind elsewhere). We have only 1 race left in this season, and it is a close race with his friend Hunter for 1st place in the oil inject. Davis should win 1st on his bigger bike as long as he makes it out to the race!!

Tonight I am going to be a "prayer listener" at the church during Hannah and Dave's CCD time track. Each grade level is focused on a particular Catholic prayer that if they are able to say the prayer for the prayer listener they will get a certificate. Thankfully we will have a copy of the prayers!!!!

No comments: