Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

Hard Week

I guess I should be thankful that it is Friday, but I think I am too exhausted to enjoy it.

It has been a week filled with Matt crying while getting on the bus, or at school because apparently we can't go visit him at lunch (as a reward for not crying that morning) without him experiencing separation anxiety. His teacher has asked us not to come to the school for a couple of weeks so he can get adjusted. I know she is right and she did it in a very compassionate way...but that doesn't mean I have to like it!! Matt is very tired by the time he gets home and has been awful.....throwing things, saying bad words and just generally being an ass (sorry Mom).

Davis is usually my easy kid....my angel....not so much this week. He has battled with me about homework and then decides he won't do it unless I am home and sit with him. Wednesday he had a meltdown at his friend's house when I told him it was time to go home. I had to chase him around the yard, physically drag him to the car with him kicking and screaming. He said he hated me. None of this is normal Davis behavior and was very hard for me to deal with. Fortunately he calmed down, apologized and hasn't displayed the behavior again.

Davis has been having issues with his left shoulder coming out of the socket for a little over a month now. It has been at the swimming pool each time it has happened and popped backed as soon as he would slightly move his arm. We have a friend that did a MRI on him last Saturday but we haven't received the results yet. Today while at his friend's house on the slip-n-slide (he was instructed to only do baseball slides so it wouldn't dislocate his shoulder), but he fell and he immediately started crying and I knew it happened again. I happen to be standing right next to him, I had him lift his arm but it didn't pop back in like before. I amazingly didn't freak out, I grabbed his arm gently and popped it back in place (makes me a little queasy now that it is over). We will be calling his doctor on Monday to get him in as soon as possible. I am not sure exactly what the problem is, but I hope it isn't serious.

The job stress is really doing a number on our marriage. Not easy to actually say it out loud, but it is the truth. I am praying that things turn around before too long. It is hard to understand why things aren't coming to fruition for either of us....we are trying so HARD!! I know we have so many people praying for us and I am trying to believe that He is listening.

I did get some good news this week....I have an interview next Thursday for a position that my BFF (Hi Amy) helped me get my foot in the door. It is a really good company and a great position. It has all happened really quick, I applied on Wednesday and got the call the next day. I know when I do get back to work, I am going to be a great employee because I will be so grateful!!!

I have a couple of updates that I will try to get up over the weekend. Religious education (CCD) starts for the kids this Sunday (Matt and Hannah) and Monday (Davis). I am also going to be teaching a 5th grade class on Monday evenings. I am actually very excited about it...it looks like I have a really small class which will be great for this first-timer!!!

Hopefully next week will be better!!!

P.S. On a bright note...Hannah is LOVING middle school and it is truly a joy to see her practically glow.

2 comments:

lseabolt said...

Oh Sally--I wish I could just make it all better. You guys have been through so much, and I just can't understand why things haven't turned around. I know this post wasn't easy to write, but I'm sure it's good medicine for you. I'm still sending a million prayers your way. Try to have patience with the kids--they are feeling the stress as well. Much love to my Yosts. Keep your head up, and know that you are loved A LOT!!!

Sally said...

Thank you Lisa...without all the love and prayers we wouldn't make it!!

This weekend has been WAY better and I am looking forward to Thursday when I can charm the pants of my new boss :).

We are also looking forward to some Lilah time...Matt keeps asking "when I get home from *whatever*, will Lilah be here?"

Thanks for always being there and making me FEEL loved!!