Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

End of the School Year

Friday was the last day of 5th grade for Hannah and Kindergarten for Davis. Wow did it go fast!!! They both had great teachers that we are really going to miss. Both the kids received attendance awards and Hannah made the A-B honor roll. Our sweet Davis won the Citizenship award for his class (each class chooses one boy and one girl for the award)....we are so proud of him. I can't believe we will have a 6th grader now....boy do I feel old. Davis is proudly exclaiming that he is now a 1st grader!!! They have been on me for days to start getting school supplies for next year.....what is wrong with these kids!!! Matt will be starting Pre-K every day in the fall as well, then to Kindergarten the next year (can someone please stop time....they are growing up too fast).

We had a very busy Saturday, Hannah had two girls spend the night Friday night. We then attended a graduation party for one neighbor, then across the street for a birthday party for another neighbor and then off to racing. Davis rode in two classes on Saturday night....one on his "smaller" bike and then a new class for him on his "bigger" bike. He was pretty nervous about riding his big bike since he can't touch the ground as well as his other bike. He did awesome and got 2nd out of 3 and pretty much dominated his regular class (winning 1st of course).

In my excitement over Dave's awesome ride over Memorial weekend, I forgot to mention that I too accomplished something BIG........I actually started Dave's bike after he fell.....under pressure......but I did it!!! I think Davis was a bit confused by my jumping up and down after I started it!! I even had to restart a couple of little PW's when those kids fell. I am a true MX Mom now!!!

I took Friday off to spend time with the kids on their last day of school, so Davis was a bit confused when I got ready to leave for work on Monday. I walked into the kitchen and he saw that I was dressed for work....he said in a very sad voice "you have to go to work?". I said "yeah buddy". He said "but it is summer break, I want you to stay home". That broke my heart, but also made me feel good that he actually wanted me home with him. I so wish I still had summer break.

I will leave you with a picture Pete took on his phone of the boys yesterday who were just "resting".

No comments: