Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

Keeping our fingers crossed.

We have been struggling with Matt for the last couple of weeks with some bad language that he has picked up.

We have tried soap (he says he prefers dish soap over bar soap), ear twisting, popping his mouth, time out, spankings.....and nothing seems to work.

We have seen some improvement...now he says "F-word A-word hole". Although better....still not acceptable.

We were given some advice from a friend to use vinegar.....it tastes bad and smells even worse.

We finally were able to put the advice to use last night and Matt HATED it!!! He asked for water (which we gave him) and then came over and sat by me on the couch. He quietly said to me "I am not going to say bad words anymore". Granted, we have heard that song before, but I have a feeling that we will only need to remind him of the vinegar and he will choose his words more wisely.

Lots of fingers crossed in our house......I think I just need to figure out how to make the vinegar portable!!!

No comments: