Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Homesick

We are lucky to have a great family that always seem to go the extra mile to make life easier for us. Pete's mom and stepdad invited Hannah to stay with them for 2 weeks in Florida along with her cousin. My sister and brother-in-law offered to take Davis a couple days with them at their house about an hour away. We have Matt at home with us and are really enjoying spending some one on one time with him.

Everyone has been enjoying this special time until last night. The first call came in about 9:30 from Davis. He was crying saying he wanted to come home. I could tell he was just tired, but it is always heartbreaking to hear him cry (I guess not heartbreaking enough to make the hour drive there to get him). I told him he would be okay and that we could come get him tomorrow. I handed the phone to Matt (who was sitting on my lap) to see if that would cheer him up. With a huge smile on his face, Matt quickly grabbed the phone. In an instant, the grin shifted to a frown when he heard Davis crying and then he started crying (oops). Being the steller mom that I am....I laughed my tail off!!!! I guess he went to sleep and all turned out well.

The second call came about 10:45....this time it was Hannah. She was sleeping at one of her cousin's friend's house and her stomach hurt. I talked to her for a little bit and I thought she was better. The next call came at about 11:15.....this time she talked to Daddy. Next call....almost midnight. Hannah asked me if maybe she was "homesick" and that is why her stomach hurt. I told her that she would just need to figure out how to go to sleep because there is no way for me to come and get her (she is about 6 hours away). There were no calls after that one!!
**Update - found out she talked her Grandpa into coming and picking her up after midnight**

I miss my kids, but I am so glad we have such great family members that provide our children with wonderful experiences!!!

No comments: