Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

Earning my Card



I think I really earned my MX Mom card this weekend. The race on Saturday ended up getting rained out (of course after we drove over an hour to the track and set up), and was moved to Sunday morning. We ended up going to dinner at a Mexican restaurant with our MX friends (can you imagine the dismay of the restaurant when 15 of us come in sweaty, wet and dirty). We had a ball, but didn't get home until after midnight. Pete kept working on Dave's little bike (the oil inject bike) because after they went riding on Thursday and Dave going through a huge mud puddle, the bike wouldn't stay running (this is the bike Pete and my dad worked on for over a week to get it running well). Saturday morning Pete put a new top-end in and still couldn't get it to crank.....then he spent more time on it at the track with the help of another MX Dad. He wanted to try something else when he got home and by around 1:30am he finally got it started (he was so excited he just had to come wake me up to tell me). I think he finally went to bed around 3:15am. We left for the track around 9:30 yesterday morning. Not sure what happened, but the track wasn't as well prepped as it should have been. There is a turn right at the start that was really muddy with some deep ruts. This is "my" section that I hang during the race because it seems like the kids fall a lot there. Our little 50's are not far off the ground and they spent a lot of time getting through this turn. They could make it if they just kept on the gas, but it was natural for them to back off the throttle. I ended up having to push several kids through the mud....which was about a foot deep in places. I ended up wearing a lot of Georgia red clay!!!

It was also HOT....holy moly, I didn't think it would be that hot!! It is usually hot on Saturday nights, but it cools off when the sun goes down. Of course, it just kept getting hotter and hotter as the day wore on. I guess I didn't drink enough or something, but I thought for sure I was going to be sick.....my head was pounding!! I have no idea how these racers do it....they have so much gear on!!

My little racer has apparently met his future wife at the track though....Davis and Tori are going to get married....she is going to be a doctor, Davis a fireman. Their children will have to watch Spongebob downstairs because they are going to watch it upstairs (good to know they are thinking ahead). It is a good thing that we LOVE his future In-Laws!!!

No comments: