Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

This Date in History

1986 (22 years ago in case you are too lazy to count)

Pete and I go on our first BLIND date to a pizza place and then to his friend's house for a movie. Pete didn't want to go out with me (he got a surprise sneak peek about a week earlier when I had come back from a water park where I had just found out my ex had been cheating on me - "poodle head" is how best to describe my permed hair) and would only go if his friend Jason paid. I was a little unsure about him because he looked a little "punk" to me (where I got that I have no idea because he is about as non-punk as they come - maybe it was the red Generra pants).

I guess we hit it off......

Fast Forward 11 years
1997

4:10 in the morning, my water broke...3 weeks early. We headed off to the hospital with Pete thinking this would be a great time to speed on the highway!! He actually WANTED to get pulled over (I was told I better *act* like I was in labor when he got pulled over). I was able to convince him that us getting to the hospital ALIVE was better and that he had better SLOW DOWN!! Our baby had not turned, so we were whisked off to the OR for a C-section.

At 7:17am, we were changed forever.....a family was born. In Dr. Bardwell's words...."You have your Hannah". She was and still is absolutely PERFECT!!! She was a great nurser and slept well...she was a little colicky, but grew out of that.

I was looking through pictures and I decided that I would post a slide show of some of my favorites when she was little. I can't believe she has grown up so quickly!!

2 comments:

lseabolt said...

Hannah will forever be "our" girl. I can hardly remember her as a little one, but I think it's because I love her so much the way she is right now. Happy Birthday, Hannah Bear!

Hepplers said...

Happy (late) Birthday to Hannah and Davis! Sally, I love the videos you post for Hannah and Davis. What software do you use? I am so impressed how you find the time to do such an incredible job with your blog!