Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A little more upbeat

After my last depressing post, I thought I needed to lighten things up a bit!!

We have had a couple of fun days with Thanksgiving "feasts" with all the kids.

On Thursday, Davis had a Thanksgiving program where he was a "bang bang guy" (a Pilgrim man) and then he had a "feast" in the classroom. My mom and I went and ate with Hannah for the school turkey lunch (yummy!!).
Yesterday, we had a lunch at Matt's class. That food really was yummy!!! The teachers made everything and then you could bring something to share. I made mini pumpkin muffins from a box from Trader Joe's (love my two buck chuck) and they were so good!! Matt ate so many of them. My mom liked them as well, so I will be bringing them to Thanksgiving dinner.

Pete could really use some prayers right now as he is making a lifestyle change. We have decided it is now time for him to go back to work. Now the hard part....finding out what he wants to do when he grows up. We may have found something that he is really interested in. A county sheriff deputy that works in the jail. He has applied for a neighboring county as well as our county that have said they have openings. He goes on Tuesday to take a test for one. This would be a "real" job that has insurance and other benefits. He is really struggling with making this change. He isn't afraid to work, I think he is just nervous. If you could spare some prayers for the rest of as well, we could use some patience to deal with the side effect of his nerves!!!

Not much on the job front for me, but I am still trucking along. Just waiting for my niece to make her grand entrance (I have finished my present for her and got it wrapped last night - now she can come). I did however finally get past the "mechanical turtle" on George of the Jungle on the Wii!!!! Got to love progress!!!

No comments: