Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hopeful

Now that Christmas is over, it seems life is slowly returning to normal. The kids have been keeping busy with all their new loot!!! Hopefully Davis will lift his head up from the DS in the next couple of days...although it might just be to play the Wii!! He did manage some time outside today!! I did about come unglued when I saw him about to run his new remote control jeep that his grandparents gave him right through the mud...this was maybe 10 minutes after I told him he couldn't ride through the mud with his bike (the washer doesn't come until Monday and I don't want nasty dirty clothes laying around....actually I am not sure I would even put them in the washer).

As for the truck.....we are hopeful that it is something we can get fixed without too much dinero. Our friend, Alan, is going to come over tomorrow to take a look (he was a mechanic before becoming a cop) and he will also help Pete get it over to my dad's house for him to take a look (thank you Woody for letting us borrow the trailer). We are grateful to have people in our lives that are willing to help us out!! We are also grateful for credit.....we didn't win the lottery last night!!!

On Monday I will be heading to the unemployment office to start the process to at least have some money coming in (I tried to go on Friday and they were closed on Thursday and Friday for Christmas and Washington's birthday.....at least that is what the sign said).

We are hoping to hear on Pete's job soon. We were told it is a 4-5 week process. All this "togetherness" is a bit taxing on us all!!

Tomorrow I am going to take the Christmas stuff done (except the tree which I will leave until the Epiphany). Pete will be working on the truck and then will be going to help Alan with some painting (Pete loves to paint...Alan hates it). The washer and dryer will be delivered on Monday...yeah we can do some laundry. I am sure the joy will fade quickly!!

The challenge this week will keeping the kids entertained as they will still be out of school. Maybe I will come up with some crafts!!

I am sort of done with 2008....I sure hope 2009 brings some better days!

No comments: