Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Super Glued

Yesterday we decided to take the kids ice skating....they had never been. We are doing our best to spend time with kids while we have it (hopefully soon we won't have the time because we will be working). Although I grew up in Denver, I do not have much experience with ice skates. Pete grew up in New Jersey and has lots of experience. Hannah went right out and was like a pro!! Davis hugged the wall for awhile, but then he started motoring around...he did somewhat of a "walking" movement. He fell quite a few times, but always got right back up. Matt didn't like it too much. He quit about an hour into it.
At the end of the two hour session, I was trying to get over to the
wall so I could turn myself around.....and I fell backwards....really HARD and slammed the back of my head on the ice. OMG....that hurt!!! I felt drunk when I tried to stand up. After I got up, someone noticed my head was bleeding. I ended up with about an inch long gash on the back of my head. After completing an accident report (why is it that people have to stare....I just fell and there was a little blood), we headed to the doctor. He super glued my cut and checked my jaw (it felt like it was out of whack....but I think it was just swollen).
I don't feel as bad as I thought I would, but I do hurt. My head also feels a little wobbly when I change positions quickly. I was wearing a new cream sweater I got for Christmas....luckily my new washing machine and some peroxide took it all out!!
We really did have a good time and I will skate again!!! I was really embarrassed....so I think my pride was hurt more than anything else!!!

1 comment:

lseabolt said...

What is the deal with your luck right now? Maybe we should put you in a padded room with nothing in it. I swear, when it rains, it pours for you guys! Luckily you still were on insurance. :) Glad you're okay and that your sweater made it through the ordeal. :)