Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fresh Start

I am so glad it is finally 2009 (even though I hit the big 4-0 this year)!! Happy New Year!!

Today I awoke feeling so much better than yesterday. No more head wobbliness (is that a word?). Hannah and I made it to the new year and then we went right to bed...well Hannah went to bed, I fell asleep on the couch waiting for Pete. Pete has been bartending at the church's party for several years now. It is the Catholic church....hence the need for a bartender!! It is a paid gig....so we will be able to pay for Hannah's gymnastics this month!! It is usually just fun money, but this year it is needed a little more!! Pete also drives my parents so they can drink as much as they want and not have to drive.

One thing that is bugging the crap out of me is the damn super glue is on other places than just the cut and I have pulled out lots of hair getting the excess off!!! I think I would have preferred stitches (which I know makes Pete shudder), but maybe then I would leave it alone. Oh, who am I kidding, there would be no stitches for the doctor to remove because I would likely pull them out myself!!!

Boy do the kids need to go back to school!!!! They are about to drive me crazy and there is no "Santa Threats" to make them stop acting so crazy!! They go back on Tuesday and I can hardly wait. Matty sure needs his naps....he is hard to deal with when he is tired!! Tonight at a little after 7 he got up and went to his room and put himself to bed without so much as a goodnight!! I guess he is tired...hope he doesn't wake too early in the morning.

Hope the job market wakes up next week and I can get moving on getting back to work. We hope to hear something on Pete's soon as well!!! There are a lot of sentences around here that start with "when you get a job..."

My dad has started looking at the truck and hopefully soon we will know exactly what we are up against.....I am praying for "freeze plugs"!!!

No comments: