Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blessed

There are days in your life that are etched in your memory forever. Yesterday and today (9 years ago) are those kind of days for me.

I was lucky enough yesterday to go to my sister's house with my mom to help babysit the kids while they went to a movie. Today is my sister's birthday - Happy Birthday Lisa....hope your old ass was able to get out of bed today!!

I sort of stole little Lilah from my mom (Sorry Big Mama). I fed her twice and changed lots of diapers, but most of all I held this sweet baby. Anyone that knows me can tell you that this was my slice of Heaven!!! Thank you Lisa, Jason and Mom for giving me such a gift!!!

Nine years ago today we got a terrible phone call that set off some very dark times in my life. We found out that our baby I was carrying possibly had something seriously wrong with him (although we didn't know it was a boy at the time). It is funny how you can remember exactly where you were when you get bad news. I also remember when Pete came home and I was in bed with Hannah (we had just put her in a big girl bed because we wanted to have her out of the crib way before the baby came so she didn't feel pushed out) and I can remember how stunned and scared we were. I continue to be amazed by God's blessings, I was actually home with Hannah that day because she was sick....getting that call from the doctor would have been even worse if I had to hear that at work.

January is a hard month for me, but each year it gets a little better. God has blessed us with so much....even this day 9 years ago. We learned that day how much we could love someone we had never even met!! I know my Jake is playing with the angels and watching over his momma especially this month!!

2 comments:

lseabolt said...

Thank you for watching our girl. I always know she's in good hands when you're with her. :) I hate that my birthday always reminds you of that place in your heart that still hurts sometimes. Jake gave you Davis--that's all I can think to say. :)

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hi,
I think about you quite often and don't even know you. :) This said, when I think..I pray. Much love,

Hugs blog friend,
Andrea