Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Something new every day...

Matty stayed home sick today from school. His throat really hurts and he just doesn't feel great (he also puked this morning - but I think he just wasn't swallowing because it hurt). After some Tylenol and warm salt water (I remembered Mom), he felt good enough to take a shower and head to the store to get more medicine. We got him some Motrin and some throat lozenges, along with some Sprite. We also needed some groceries, so he toughed it out throughout the store.

Suddenly he said (or what I thought he said) "If I keep talking I am going to throw up". I repeated what he said and Matt said "No Mom...if YOU keep talking I am going to throw up". Pete agreed that he feels the same way sometimes (no worries, Pete WILL pay for that comment).

Here is a picture of him this afternoon after he took a GREAT nap and ate a whole can of chicken noodle soup (it was CARS soup and he kept joking every time he would eat "Sally").


I don't know if he will feel good enough for school tomorrow...I guess we will wait and see.

Hannah and Davis walked in the door from school this afternoon and said...."Do you know what 'Dork' means?"

Laughing they said "A whale's penis".

Guess what....they were right!!

I feel so enlightened!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! I can't wait to have children!