Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rough Day

I am usually a "half-full" kind of person. I roll with the punches....and believe me we have had a few punches aimed our way!!

Today I was unable to dodge an unexpected punch thrown my way....in church no less.

I don't really want to share what it was that upset me - those who know will "know".

I am not a "why me" person....but today I did feel some bitterness about a challenge God gave me 9 years ago.

I want to thank my mom who was able to find me when I left mass and give me the comfort I needed to return to my seat and share communion with my family. It helped me comfort my children who didn't understand what had upset me.

I will definitely watch the church schedule in the future so that I can miss this particular mass...fortunately God has helped me miss this mass in the past. I am sure there was a reason that I was supposed to be there today.....

1 comment:

lseabolt said...

You've missed that mass every year! I wish you could have missed it again. I know mom thinks about it every time it rolls around. We love you, but God loves you more! Be strong, big sister!