Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Every Journey Starts with the First Step

We have a bird nest on our porch with 5 (I think) little baby birds in it.


Two mornings ago, Pete and I happen to look out the front window and this is what we saw....


One of the baby birds standing on the edge of the nest.

Testing his wings.

He sat there for awhile with his mom and dad trying to encourage him to go ahead and try it.

We watched this little bird contemplate taking his first flight and we cheered for him too!!!

"Come on little guy...you can do it"

And then....

HE DID IT!!!

He flew to the ceiling fan on the other side of our porch.

Right after I snapped this picture through our dining room window, he took off and landed under my neighbor's porch with his mommy and daddy is hot pursuit!!!!

Oh how I wished I could have caught it on video, but it is something that I will never forget!!

Pete and I have decided to take that leap too and do something for our health.

Today was day one for our new exercise program.

We walked and ran throughout our neighborhood (which is filled with lots of hills) this morning for about 40 minutes. It felt great!!!!

Pete is also addressing his elevated blood pressure, which is a relief for me (and his Mom as well)!! He is monitoring it and has started to take Hawthorne Berries to try to bring it down. The exercise and change in diet should help as well!!

We are taking OUR first step to a healthier life!!

1 comment:

lseabolt said...

What an awesome experience. I have to admit--I got chills reading about that little bird. Good going on the exercise. I don't know about you, but it makes me a better mom. A girl I know is doing 90 workouts in 90 days. Sometimes it may just be a 10 minute work-out or sometimes an hour. She's at about day 64, and she is to a point of doing boot camp. She has never been one to exercise, but she's kept up with it. Just an idea for a new challenge. :)