Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thank Heaven for Little Boys????

I had a plan to brag about a visit by the First Lady of Georgia to Matt's school yesterday. What an awesome experience for my little guy!! He is not in the picture below, but the school has some pictures where you can see him.
My plans changed as soon as I came back from the store this afternoon.
I hear Matt crying as I get out of the car and he suddenly appears from the back yard
COVERED in mud from head to toe!!!
I guess he fell in the mud puddle he and his brother had MADE!!
My first thought was "I need a picture of this", but I could hear my mom say "oh Sally, that would be so mean." So I helped him get undressed (in the garage) and while he took a shower with his dad, I rinsed out his clothes.
As we were sitting down for dinner I looked out at the backyard and was seriously pissed off to see that it was a disaster and there were things out there that didn't belong outside. I told the boys to go clean it up....which they actually did...for about 5 minutes.
Davis came running up with Matt in tow and said that "a snake was right on his foot and could have bit him". There was no way they were going back out there.
I finally had to turn the tv off when Dave wouldn't go take a shower (after replacing EVERY cushion on the couch and loveseat that they had removed). Of course Matt had to join him. While they were taking a SHOWER, I went and cleaned up the backyard because a storm was on its way. When I got back in they were no longer taking a shower, but a bath.
They had poured out all of the shampoo again and also squeezed out my conditioner that I just bought this afternoon. I thought my head was going to explode!!!
Hopefully by tomorrow I will allow Davis to speak to me again!!!

No comments: