Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

A surprise compliment

Almost 5 years ago I bought a small embroidery machine. It was supposed to be a stress reliever (although I didn't expect to have to pull out so many stitches). I love making gifts for people and for making special things for my kids. I don't have a great deal of capabilities with the machine, but it works for me.

I am my worst critic...I am really never satisfied with how things come out. I know others don't see the flaws, but they stand out like a sore thumb to me.

Tonight I was showing my friend (who brought us dinner...thanks A) some towels that I am embroidering for another friend (Amy...they look good, I think you will be happy). I went to grab the towel I had monogrammed for our bathroom and I heard my husband say...

"She really does nice work doesn't she?"

Thank you Pete....I really needed that simple compliment!!!

No comments: