Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A little nervous.

Tonight Pete and I are going to my 20 year high school reunion. Pete and I are high school sweethearts.

I know that I have a great life and have accomplished what I have wanted to accomplish....got married to my soul mate, have 3 children, earned my CPA, and survived cancer (I didn't really "want" that one).

But......

My mind goes back to what I was like in high school.....mostly shy (everyone can stop laughing because it is true) and with big hair. I graduated with honors and there were few in the school that knew that until I received my gold tassel and rope at the practice. I just didn't want people to know.

I am not one that have lots of friends.....usually just a couple really good friends (I married my best friend - so I don't need much more than that). I also graduated with a class of over 800 students.....too big to know everybody. I also did not move to Georgia until my 10th grade year - so no friends from middle school.

I have connected with one of my good friends a couple years ago through Classmates.com and my other good friend passed away over 10 years ago. There isn't anyone that I am just dying to see, but hopefully I will remember more people once we get there.

I am hoping to just be my normal self - not someone I am not!! Hopefully I will leave excited to have been reacquainted with some classmates and to meet new ones.

And for $85 per person, I better leave FULL!!!

No comments: