Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Perspective

I had planned on blogging about the crappy morning I was having.....it just wasn't going well.

Once I got to work I did a quick check on Melody Sherman who was Davis' baseball coach's wife from a couple years ago. I was so sad to learn that this wonderful mom had won her battle with cervical cancer yesterday. Her funeral was this morning and close to work. I was able to go for at least some of it....I got to hug Danny and watch her 18 year old daughter give her eulogy with the poise of a grown woman.

Melody leaves behind 3 children....Megan, Sophie and Drew...and a husband that adores her. Melody has an identical twin sister and as Megan put it "she will get to see what her mom would have looked like when she was 80".

Melody left a mark on this world and I know she will do whatever is necessary to make sure her family is okay without her here.

She told me in May that she would go out fighting....and she did!!!

Fly High Melody.....Job well done!!

1 comment:

lseabolt said...

Sally, I'm so sorry. I know it really bothered you when you found out about her cancer (and hit way too close to home). Sending loving thoughts your way. I love you.