Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sometimes they do listen

Every race day before my boys get on their bikes (or sometimes while they are on the line for practice) I say a prayer with them. It usually goes like this...

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Please keep Davis and Matt safe on their bikes and don't let them get hurt, let them have fun, know how proud their mommy and daddy are of them and let them kick ass (which we changed to "bootie" for Matt since we have some issues with bad words).

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

I didn't really know if it meant much to them, but I have had Davis come to me and say "Mommy, we need to do our prayer".

Tonight I was driving home from the store with Hannah and Matt while Pete had Davis at baseball practice. This is what I heard in the sweetest 4 year old voice from the backseat ...

"Father, Son, Holy Spirit Amen. Please keep Davis and Matt safe on their bikes. Amen"

The below video was after we got home and I asked if he could do it again for the camera. My Grandma must be smiling in Heaven, I know it made me smile from ear to ear!!!

No comments: