Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Burdens

Last night I attended my church's Lenten Mission.

We were asked to write down our "burdens" to give them to Jesus.

My Burdens:
  • Letting my anxiety overwhelm me to the point that I don't see the blessings that I have.
  • My inability to accept/forgive the shortcomings of someone in our lives.
  • Being petty.

We all put our "burdens" in a basket and went outside. The priest (Father Ricardo...the best priest I have ever met) burned them all.

I hope I can truly give these burdens over to God....I know if I do that I my heart will feel lighter.

3 comments:

lseabolt said...

I'm amazed by your "burdens". They were not what I would have thought, and I so admire how you think of others. You're a good person, Sally.

Sally said...

Thank you Lisa...I really appreciate and needed that today!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think its human nature to let anxiety get the best of us. You're a fantastic person and a great mom for sure!