Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Knowing your roots

We have had Hunter now for almost 5 months, but he was not a puppy when we got him. He was around a year and a half. We got him from a rescue group and they weren't sure of his exact breed. He looks like a German Shepherd, but you could tell he looked a little different.

Well, we had a trainer come out to our house a couple weeks ago to give us a quote on some training. He told us that he thought maybe Hunter is a Belgian Malinois (pronounced MAL-in-wah).


I was amazed at the photos I saw and the temperament of the Malinois....it fit Hunter almost exactly. His eyes are always alert and his legs and body are really long.

I know that I love him no matter what, but I think it helps us be better "parents" when we know a little more about his breed!!

What do you think?

A photo from the Internet....

Our Hunter

No comments: