Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The day has finally arrived!!!


This motocross family is headed down to the Georgia Dome to watch the Supercross!!

It is really the Holy Grail for MX fans. The series is broadcast on CBS on Sunday afternoons and we have every one in the series on DVR. I am thinking that Dave watches each race about 100 times!!

We were disappointed that KTM ended their half time challenge for 7-9 year old racers. We had Dave's credentials all lined up...including recommendations from his teachers and his Citizenship Award. We really hoped he would be picked to ride out on the Supercross track (it was done at each race and you didn't know which one you would get picked for). I have heard that now KTM is sponsoring some kind of Freestyle half time show...which I know my kids will like even more!! I think the adults enjoyed the little 50cc bikes out on the track way more than the kids. We have several racing friends that participated and they said they were treated like royalty.

We also expect to see some "protests" of the new law that went into effect regarding lead in the youth dirt bikes and ATV's. I don't understand all that is going on, but I guess the government is afraid that our kids are going to eat parts of their bike and that would be dangerous.....

Our racing friend wrote a great blog that explains the issue.....http://community.myfoxatlanta.com/blogs/BuckB

As the racing mom of two racers....I hope this law is changed as it greatly effects the sport that we have invested a lot of time and money in. I am also very concerned for all the vendors that will lose large amounts of money because they can't sell the bikes or replacement parts.

I am so excited about today...we will be leaving around 2 to hopefully catch some practice before the racing starts. My concern now is what will we use for a behavior modification tool after tonight....we have been threatening to not let them go to the Supercross if they don't behave!!!

No comments: