Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Shouldn't be funny....

I am a huge softy for any person or animal....disciplinarian I am not!!! It literally HURTS for me to watch a child in time out....I won't even tell you how I feel when a child gets a spanking!!! I am not against either and do use both methods for my children.

I took Hunter out on a leash to train him on the electric fence this morning. The prongs weren't long enough and I didn't have it fit quite right....so he walked right past the flags. I put the longer prongs on and tightened the collar. He walked by the flag and got quite a shock. Oh...the first couple of times my heart ached!!!! Then, I realized it was working and he was starting to recognize the beep and the shock.

A couple of minutes ago I let him out without the leash and I guess he forgot about the beep...and the "correction static". Boy did he jump and head back when he crossed the flag......and I LAUGHED.

It should not be funny!!!

No comments: