Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Road Rash

Yesterday I was waiting for Davis to come home from the bus. I was concerned that maybe it was too cold to walk (we are a little over 1/2 mile from the bus stop)...Pete convinced me that he would be fine. I got a call a couple minutes later from my neighbor who said that Dave fell while running home and was crying. Anyone that knows Davis knows that he is not much of a "cryer" and is quite quiet when he does cry. When I got to my neighbor's house, Dave came out of her house crying pretty hard and his face looked a little rough.



This morning it looked even worse (I know the picture doesn't do it justice)!! Pete told him that he needed to tell people that he crashed on his dirt bike preparing for the Supercross at the dome instead of telling the truth that he had simply stepped on his shoelace (must be a guy thing...I think he told me to tell people I had been in fight to explain the scar on my neck instead of just having cancer removed).

My sweet angel boy said "No, I can't do that because I already told my teacher that Supercross wasn't until the end of the month". Pete tried to convince him to say he was practicing...but Davis would have nothing to do with it!!

I guess it doesn't bother him one bit that he tripped on his own shoelaces. That is a boy after my own heart....road rash and all!!!

No comments: